Thursday, August 2, 2012

Yellowstone Trip: Day 7

Ah, another beautiful day in Yellowstone!  We are really lucking out with this weather!  To think the websites we looked at before leaving were telling us to bring our parkas!  We sure have not needed them yet!



We pack up and leave for Old Faithful.  On the way, we stopped to see bubbling mud pots.  Pretty cool thing to see!  We also saw the artist paintpots - different holes of mud with different colours - it almost looked like an artist's paint palette!  The colours are created by the bacteria and algae that live in different temperatures.




We saw a geyser called spasm geyser... it was pretty spastic!  We arrived at Old Faithful just in time to see it erupt.  Wow!  It wasn't quite as exciting as I expected it to be.  There was a lot of smoke and so difficult to see the water.

Later that evening, I went by myself to take a walk.  There are various little pathways to see different water features.  I will have to return tomorrow as I didn't bring my camera.  I also got to see Old faithful a second time.  This time, it was quite spectacular!  It sure shoots up high!  With the sunset in the background, it's quite a site to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment