This is our second time in the Big Apple. We've decided to not plan anything and to just go and enjoy. Well, I should rephrase... I decided to not plan anything. The only planned activity was the Damon Runyon Yankee Stadium Race on Saturday morning... so let's start there.
|Yankee Stadium Race|
During our week we took the subway a couple of times -even changing trains - which made Remi think we were now pros... I was quick to say nope - you have to go through Central Station before saying you are a pro!
The other things we did - in no particular order:
- walked around Time Square, Central Park, Battery Park, Downtown -you get the picture - we walked A LOT!
- ran in Central Park a couple of times
- had breakfast at the Kellogg's NYC - fun and worthwhile!
- had a bellini at our hotel lounge - absolutely disgusting! Not what I was expecting - there was no slush! It was not the Milestones kind of Bellini!
- had lunch at Ellen's Stardust -the funniest thing is for over a month I thought I was going to eat at Ellen's (Degeneres) restaurant. Reading the menu, I quickly figured out it was NOT the same Ellen! Seeing the sign I also wondered why Ellen would have such a tacky sign! We sure had a good laugh at that! The food was ok - the entertainment was great! Worth going.
- We decided not to go see a Broadway show - I didn't feel like it and I didn't see any that really interested me.
- did the Radio City Music Hall Tour - was very interesting! Enjoyed learning the history of this place!
- Had dinner at Junior's so we could have cheesecake. We should've just had cheesecake. Food was ok - but sure was expensive! One plate would've been good to feed a whole family!
- We took the subway to I can't remember where and walked the rest to the start of the High Line - an old railway transformed into a walkway. We walked the whole thing to the end and back.
- We had Pizza at Arturo's - it was ok... not the best pizza I've ever had... Then we walked all the way back to our hotel - all the way from lower than 1st to 51st.
- We did have dinner at Chopt - fabulous!! It was a salad place... yum!
- Took the subway to Brooklyn so we could purchase some rainbow bagels. They taste kind of sweet!
- visited the big Cathedral
A couple pics...
|What they call urban garden|
|The moon forgot to go to bed!|