Sunday, July 23, 2023

Montréal to Doha, Qatar

We left Montreal at 10:05 in Qatar airways. When you get to your seat, there’s a pile of stuff waiting for you. There was a blanket, a pillow, headphones, and a little bag of goodies, containing a sleep mask, socks, earplugs, a toothbrush, and a teeny tiny tube of toothpaste.

The stewardesses are all very petite and pretty with black hair. They wear burgundy pants with a white shirt covered in little designs. When it comes to serving dinner, they wear a little navy blazer over their shirt.

At midnight we had dinner. I chose the ”roasted chicken and potato wedges”. why the quotation marks? Well, I saw pieces of pre-cooked chicken covered in melted cheese and doused with the gravy put a few peas on top and voilà. That was my dinner.  No potatoes and no what I imagined roasted chicken looks like. There was a little bowl of salad, which was OK and for dessert. It was a mousse of some kind. There was also a bottle of water.

By 1 o’clock I still could not sleep so I started a movie called Ambush. My 1:30 my eyes were tired and so I managed to fall asleep. I got a few hours of sleep with waking up every so often because of inconsiderate people who push and hit you on the way to the washroom or wherever they’re going. Too many inconsiderate people on earth.

When I woke up, I finished my movie, which was just OK. 

For “brunch” I took the vegetarian noodles as I couldn’t handle the surprise chicken again. They were like overcooked Tai noodles. They were edible. There was also a little cup with fruit and a cup of yogurt. The bun was cinnamon raisin. 

This is a very long flight … 12 hours long. Let’s just say I much prefer the 18 minutes late we had yesterday ha ha. The worst part is it’s not over. We have an eight hour layover in Doha, followed by another six hour flight to Kilimanjaro.

  • I’m shocked at many people are wearing masks… on the whole airplane there is less than 10 people wearing one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment