Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Aug 7 -going home

It’s time to say goodbye to France!  We had a marvellous busy month!  You offered beautiful views, interesting driving conditions, history, fun times, various emotions...

Could I live here? 
I could get used to:

  • eating bread everyday
  • the French accent
  • the weather
  • the beautiful mountains
  • the Mediterranean sea
  • the different road signs
  • the varying speed limits for no reason
  • Sad to leave a wonderful place.... 
 I don’t think I could get used to: 

  • the motorcycles doing whatever they want whenever they want. 
  • I can’t stand the scooters so I don’t think I could get used to them.  
  • no butter with bread
  • the food

You offer so many wonderful things, but you are not Canada.
But... happy to go home


Our flight back to Toronto was uneventful until we reached customs.  We get out card on the plane, fill it out, line up with everyone else.  We get a 47 on my card.  What do those numbers mean?  We go through the first guy, he says: "Please go that way".  What? Why can't I go that way with everyone else?
We get to the second person, she says: "Where are you arriving from?" Me: "France -we were hiking the Alps." Her: "Please go over there and one of the officers will help you."  Again, What? Why?

We get to this mean looking officer.  He takes our papers and says: "Sit on the bench. I have things to look into."  That's it? No other information, no smile, no nothing.  Great.  We sit on the bench and wait for about 5 to 10 minutes I guess.  Good thing we have 1.5 hours between flights...

The officer calls us back to his booth.  The news is as follows:  Someone else with the same name is on the "wanted" list.  We match at over 90% so he had to look to make sure I wasn't her.  He also tells me this will happen every time I come back into Canada.  Great... Just want I need... more stress at the airport -as if I'm not stressed enough as is! There is nothing I can do about this.  He told me that next time I go to customs, to tell them this has happened before - and off we went to our next flight. 
By this point, I just want to get home!

The rest of the flight was fine.  Our baggage arrived just fine as well.  Now the worst part is dealing with the jet lag for the next few days. 

I've been home for a day and I already miss the Alps... Looking forward to our next adventure!  Who knows what it will be!  Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment