Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Adventure Begins

Time has finally come for us to embark on your journey around Mont Blanc. Our flights to Geneva were pretty uneventful. I missed the bus ride from Geneva to Chamonix because I slept the whole way! I couldn't keep my eyes open... so tired!

Our hotel in Chamonix is called Rocky Pop Hotel.  It's a cute place!  They have sort of an 80s video game theme going on.  The elevator is decorated in Pacman and the likes, the hallway carpet is all about Space Invadors, the signs in the hallway are Pacman, some rooms have names like Donkey Kong... the rooms have rubics cubes and our floor is lumberjack pattern.  The rooms makes me think of Ikea...

We got to just visit Chamonix today.  We all stayed at the hotel until 5 when we all took the bus to Chamonix for dinner.  We walked around a little, had dinner and returned to our rooms.  Pretty uneventful day...

It's quite nice here.  It's how I had imagined it...  The mountain is quite beautiful when the light hits it just right! Huge glaciers, peaks hiding in the clouds...

Tomorrow, Remi, Jodi and I will see if we can get to go paragliding.  Afterwards, we will just walk around, visit the little shops and just relax.




No comments:

Post a Comment