Monday, August 6, 2018

Packing for Peru

It's packing time!  Woohoo!  It's really here!  It's really time to get going!  I'm so excited!  Let's just say that packing for a trip like this is not an easy task!  We do have a list to get us going -which is very helpful! You don't want to bring too much stuff as you have a weight limit.  At the same time you don't want to forget anything as it will make life not very pleasant!  This is what the room looked like before packing... that is only part of the stuff!  That's mostly Remi's and Sophie's things.  For once, I'm the organized one and my stuff is all in my bag on the floor. There is clothes, toilet paper, meds, poles, baby powder for the feet, the list goes on an on! 


Here are Rémi and Sophie organizing their stuff in dry bags.  It might rain and we need to make sure our things stay dry.  We have a bag for our hiking clothes, a bag for our night clothes, a bag for our tp, and other things that can get wet in a plastic type dry bag, a bag for toiletries, and one for miscellaneous.  In mine I have food like protein bars and snacks - just in case I don't like the food and can't find anything to eat.  There is also electrolytes for my water.  In my carry-on -which will serve as my day pack, I have my water bladder - empty of course, shorts, long sleeve shirt, my poof jacket, my rain jacket and pants and my meds... All this in case my bag gets lost on the way. 


Here is my bag - all packed and ready to go.  I just need to add my toothbrush, deodorant and I'm ready!  I hope I am not forgetting anything!  Time will tell I guess!   My bag weighs around 20 lbs - not bad as we are allowed to bring 44 lbs! 

May the adventure begin! 

To view larger image, just click on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment